Monday, September 7, 2009

Last day on the Car Rental / Strep

We had the van for one more day and we decided to head North to a winery and a brewery. First, however, we went to the New World grocery in Halswell where many of New Zealands Microbrewews are sold. I took advantage of having the car and decided to stock up on these microbrews I've been hearing about.


I haven't had a chance to even start making a dent in them as I've been sick, and I'm actually still finishing a round of antibiotics perscribed for my strep throat. Here's a picture of the beers as they're presently stored in my room. The cost of all of them was $86 NZ which is $59.50 US. Meaning the beers average 4 US per which doesn't seem too bad considering one that they're microbrews, and two that I purchased them as singles. I intend to do reviews of the beers, possibly on this blog if anyone is interested.. otherwise maybe on my website.


We then went to "Brew Moon Brewery and Cafe" for a tasty bit of brunch and a beer sampler.


I was feeling quite ill (feverish) and didn't partake of any of the beers but I'm told they were good and I acquired the two most recommended by Dale to add to my stash of Microbrews to enjoy throughout the rest of the semester.


A shot of Dale and I at the Waipara Springs Winery (I was feeling very ill).

We left the winery before finishing our sampling because we wanted to make sure we had Rachel back in time to meet her father who was coming in to visit from Australia. He offered to take us all out to Dinner at "The Bog" for a pub quiz which I was quite excited for.

Unfortunately when I got home I took my temperature and found that I had a fever of 102.7 and a pretty sore throat. I didn't go out that night, and went right to bed. I spent one day trying to decide whether I perhaps had the flu, but then realised the obvious signs of strep throat and went to the doctor where I was given antibiotics without them even taking a culture.

It took me just two or three days to feel better, but I'm still working on finishing my antibiotics. Just one more day.

One more thing, I've decided to get my tonsils out when I get home. It is simply unacceptable for me to get throat infections as often as I do.

2 comments:

  1. This trip was so epic. I am glad.

    I don't think either of you looks that bad for not having showered for a week, and I like the kiwi over easy logo. I believe that is new.

    Get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to go beer tasting with you. basically i just miss you and the more homework i do, the more jealous i am of your adventuring. <3

    ReplyDelete