Sunday, August 23, 2009

Face it

So I decided to trim the beard and you will see why.
This is what I looked like about two weeks ago:


I decided I wanted to use a buzzer to get it all to the same length and see what that looked like; I couldn't be bothered to do it with scissors. I borrowed Dale's buzzer and went at it. I actually thought this looked kind of cool. I wore this for about a week:


At this point I had to decide whether to buy a buzzer (I had promised Dale I would stop using his) or shave it off. I made the decision to gradually work down to nothing. The first step was to shave down to this which I wore for about three days:


There was lots of debate between my friends on whether I should do just the chin or the lip but ultimately I went with the lip. It looked ridiculous and lasted only 24 hours before getting shaved off:


And here is proof that I wore the mustache out one night:

I almost forgot to post what I look like now with the clean shave! This is from two nights ago at a party we threw in our flat. Lots of people I didn't know were introducing themselves to me and saying that it was the best party they'd been to this semester. It's the first party on campus I've been to that has been shut down by RA's. There were four of them. And now a picture from very early on at the party. It was about 8 and I was playing a bit of gentleman's poker with a few of my friends. I ended up winning. Oh and the party was to be formal so that's why I'm dressed up in my mate Harry's old suit.


Someone encouraged me to make a poll on which beard style everyone prefers so I'll try to put one up for a laugh.

4 comments:

  1. me me me! it was me! this is great. i voted. miss you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full beard trimmed and no facial hair definitely look the best, depending on what kind of woman you're trying to woo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gordon Freeman ftw. Do you still have those glasses?

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely the clean shaven but otherwise, just go for the other extreme--- the untrimmed, uninhibited beard.

    ReplyDelete