Monday, July 13, 2009

First day of classes!

Today was the first day of classes here at Canterbury.

I had class from 11-12, 2-3, and 6-8. Oddly enough, though I had three different class sessions, I only had two courses today. The first two times were both for MGMT 101, a course about management. The evening course is my Forestry course. Both of them look like they will be reasonably easy. The forestry course is only 6 weeks long and has two mandatory field trips on Saturdays.

During the break from 12 to 2 I took my bike over to the grocery store and stocked up. I rode home pretty slow with my backpack stuffed and a bag of food on each side of the handlebars. Living the dream.

Alright let's go back in time a bit to the weekend shall we? I've been sick since about Wednesday though at that point I thought it would be just a simple sore throat that would disappear before too long. That said, I wasn't particularly supportive of my body, having a few drinks and going to sleep at 2 or later Wednesday through Saturday.

Friday I played my first game of frisbee here at Canterbury with their interesting bunch of players. They have a high density of female players, and a decent number of older folks, a couple of them looking like they're in their forties! The Friday game was in the cold from 6:30 on and, having no spandex or whatever, I went in my shorts. I left early to go see Bruno with some friends but come Sunday, I proved I hadn't learned neither of the following: That you shouldn't go out in shorts when it's almost freezing; That you shouldn't play ultimate when you're quite sick.

Perhaps I evened out some of that by taking all of Saturday day really easy. I really wanted to get better so that I could get out on Sunday.

Looking forward to tomorrow's classes I guess. Tomorrow I have: Intro to Maori Language , and then the second two hours of the Forestry class.

I've almost entirely decided to can the thought of taking some math course or CS course here. I think I'm going to enjoy my classes just the way they are.

3 comments:

  1. listen I know this is sorta way left field and not a pressing issue but how would you feel about running for congress when you're done with grad school? You've got a couple of years to mull this one over but you know... let me know.

    ReplyDelete