Thursday, July 9, 2009

food, orientation, outdoor gear, parties

Tuesday I went into town from the school with a few of my mates and hunted around for outdoor gear. I found a few good deals and ended up buying some goods. I scored a platypus bladder for 35NZD, the hat (icebreader merino) was 14NZD, gloves (60% merino, 40% possum) were 20NZD. The metro card for inexpensively riding the bus was free, but I topped it up to 20.


That night I made a legit meal with some mates (katie who I live with, and briana who is here with IFSA-Butler). It was tasty.


Later that night a party was thrown over at Ilam M 64 by Nadav who happens to also be here from Vanderbilt. The party was mostly IFSA kids but lots of other people came through.

Wednesday morning we were up for orientation at 9AM. It was super boring. I slipped over the back of the last row of seats and tried to take a nap but the ground was quite hard.

That brings us to last night. Last night this girl Sam from Denmark and I went to the Woolworths and picked up some decent beer and threw a party at my place. I invited all of the IFSA-Butler folks and the people I've met at Cbury whose numbers I've collected. It would have been a party of about 16 people I estimated but somehow it grew into a party of 40 or so. The people who live below me came up because they heard the noise, and lots of others who live in K building came through. The best though were the people who came up because they just happened to be walking by and saw a party. One of those guys just happened to have a strobe light. Yeah.
Image: PT was pretending to be upset with Nora all night, which was super weird because they seem to be super tight all the time. This pic is of people in my room.. most of the party was in the common room.


I'm about to go pick up a bike I found on TradeMe which is like the kiwi version of ebay. I paid 50NZD for it. Yeah, that is like 32 USD. If the thing has wheels I'll be surprised but I'm hoping I just got a really awesome deal. Here are the specs and picture as listed on trademe:

Healing Hummer
10 Speed

27 inch wheels
tyres good

front and rear hand brakes


This bike is a good old school 10 speed in good running condition.


pic:

I hope it is as good of a deal as it appears.

3 comments:

  1. cool, but ummm... we should talk some time.

    miss ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude. you live with someone named katie that isn't me. i hope she lives up to the name. missed you in VT this week. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bike is awesome. Enjoy the bikeways and send us some photos! Drool

    ReplyDelete