Sunday, July 5, 2009

Home sweet home / Internets

Here I am in my room at university! Can you guess who I'm living with? For the most part, your guess is as good as mine. I haven't met anyone who I live with except for, get this, the very same Katie who is the first person I met in New Zealand. How weird is that? We moved in together and she lives right next door.

I unpacked my stuff to discover that I've somehow swapped camera cords with one of the study abroad kids as the connection to my camera on the cord I have is different. This means that you unfortunately don't get to see the room yet. I'll work on it.

Another surprise with the room is that my "linen pack" didn't actually come with any linens. It has a blanket and a pillow but no actual linens. I've talked to the desk and they've insisted I have to bring the original pack down.

I've paid for my first Internet bill here. 10GB of data = $40.00 NZD = $25.0405 USD. I'll have to get a feel for how much data various applications take per hour but I'm pretty sure this is not going to be cheap.

I don't have class for a whole week still. How awesome is that? Time to get situated and go have a few adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment