Monday, July 20, 2009

Mt. Herbert

On Saturday I climbed up Mt. Herbert with my friend Dale. He's here in New Zealand with the same abroad program. Dale has been into tramping for a good while and was an awesome partner to tramp with.

I'm trying out something new here on the blog. Instead of inserting each image into the blog separately, I have created a sort of slide show using a cool blogging tool I found. Be sure to highlight the word "Notes" for each photo and have a read as I have in a sense done the blogging in the notes of the images.



If you do not have flash, I would recommend getting it here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer




Because of the way we routed ourselves down the mountain, we had about 3 miles of hiking along the road to get back to the ferry. When we got to the ferry we were pleasantly surprised to find our friends Briana, Rachel, and Laura waiting there. They had apparently come over in the afternoon and done a short hike.

Next weekend the tramping club at Canterbury is running a tramp out to some hot springs. The only thing that could have made the trek up Mt. Herbert better would be if we got to the top and there was a natural hot pool waiting for us. I'm really looking forward to that tramp.

Please leave a comment if you have an opinion on the effectiveness of the image slide show. It would definitely be better if I could increase the width of the main area of the blog's template. I'll be looking into that.

5 comments:

  1. the slideshow was so cool!! i like knowing what you're up to. it looked like a great tramp. miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it's the rents here. Wow, great slide show. Vistas and spikey thistles! get u some lycra or goretex or whatever. Hot springs. I am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.designtavern.com/2009/07/18/a-musical-place/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome. Guess you're already on "much cooler" trip by now? Glad you're having such a great time!

    ReplyDelete